• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1 RS Cosford/St Athan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meathead

LAC
Im currently working out of trade but am due back soon, so hoping that someone can give me an update on 1 RS

What is the future for Cosford, is it going to move to St Athan (this was the last that i heard) or has something else come up. Any other gen (dates etc) would be appreciated

Basically I dont want to waste a box on my dreamsheet!! Guess i may as well just put North Yorkshire on it, but you never know!!

Cheers

MH

K

koppas

St Athan? I hope that don't happen too soon. I'll be doing my trade training there (second stint). Have nothing but happy memories of Cosford and Wolverhampton. ;)

Still, being told I had failed the course a month before I was due to pass out to TCW can't really be seen as a good memory. More of a annoyance. Actually, more of a cock up. :D

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Have heard a rumour that you lot going to go back to blanford (Spelling) and not with the techies to Saints if that ever happens. But hey that's just a rumour

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Have heard a rumour that you lot going to go back to blanford (Spelling) and not with the techies to Saints if that ever happens. But hey that's just a rumour

We were never at Blandford to begin with, that's where the Siggies do their training.

Cosford St Athens

Cosford St Athens

The Metrix Consortium is the preferred bidder and won that status for various phase 2 training including the TG4 Training, this is based around major rework at St Athens and the "Big White Hanger". The Welsh Development Agency has publically allocated £100 Million pond to assist in this redevelopment work and are awaiting the placement of the Contract to Metrix, before work can begin in supporting the road infrastructure changes. 102 Logs Bdg is returning from Germany along with the ARRC in approx 2012 -15, with 102 logs going to Cosford Area?? The ARRC going to Innsworth.. This is all public information on the internet and we are still waiting for the official confirmation on this subject. As for Blandford Garrison, there has been a slight increase of RAF personnel on various medium range task detached from North Yorkshire, but if you need any more info just PM me for details.

Studley dangerfcuk

Flight Sergeant
:0It's still up in the air just now. Nothing is set in stone. Even th MOD has sold it's share in Metrix the other week. Go figuire................

Studley :PDT_Xtremez_09:

Tacanman

LAC
Latest news is St Athan will happen! As for dates I suggest you think of a number bigger than 12 double it and add 3. There seems to be some confushion about what will move where but I dont think it will happen before 2012 at the earliest. Hope this helps.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
I spoke today to someone who's there and I asked him this question.
He reckons that nothing's going to happen until 2013 at the earliest, so if anyone want a shortish job as an Instructor, Cosford has a few vacancies!.

:PDT_Xtremez_15:

Meathead

LAC
Thanks for the replies. I will stick it on the dreamsheet (electronic wizardry at its best!!).

I will still drag my greens out of the attic, just on the off chance that someone decides that cosford is not that far from leeming!!

Mods, feel free to lock this one down. Got the gen i was after...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back