• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd options

treen74

LAC
Hi all,

Ive got OASC in March and I'm still wondering what the procedure is for adding another trade as a 2nd option?
I currently have DE ATC as my primary goal but no others as yet. I have emailed my given contacts but have no reply so far.

I dont want to be in a situation where I dont get my primary option and have to fly back to the other side of the world because I didnt have a back-up trade.

Saying that my alternative options are pretty limited owing to my age and lack of A levels.( I have made enquiries on that score and again am awaiting for a reply)

cheers

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hi all,

Ive got OASC in March and I'm still wondering what the procedure is for adding another trade as a 2nd option?
I currently have DE ATC as my primary goal but no others as yet. I have emailed my given contacts but have no reply so far.

I dont want to be in a situation where I dont get my primary option and have to fly back to the other side of the world because I didnt have a back-up trade.

Saying that my alternative options are pretty limited owing to my age and lack of A levels.( I have made enquiries on that score and again am awaiting for a reply)

cheers

Give us a clue...What age are you and what quals do you have plus what are your strong points/weakneses?

Do you have an aversion to flying?

It would help people to help you...

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
If you want to give yourself a better chance of being selected for the RAF, put down another branch choice on your application. Have a think about the other branches that you can be selected for at OASC (aircrew, commissioned branches) and if one or more of those floats your boat, stick those down. If, for whatever reason, you fail to be slected for DE ATC, then give yourself, and the boarders, more options. Provided you meet the selection criteria, they will consider you for something else.

Back