• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

35mm >> Digital

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
I have a load of 35mm negatives dating back years. Some of the pictures thereon are good; I mean pin-sharp and worthy of a good-sized print.
Now, bearing in mind that one can Zoom down with ease but not go up:-

If I take these negs to a shop claiming to be able to digitise them, what is the Max size (in pixels) I can go up to ?

The poor child driving the machine took a long time to understand what I was talking about and then didn't know the answer.

It's possible to do this yourself using a normal scanner if it has the necessary parts. I've done it before with quite a few old negatives and it works quite well. The size depends on the resolution you scan at (most of the ones I scanned were coming out at roughly 20MB a pop at 800 or 1200dpi)

flintwich

Corporal
Depends what you want to use the digitized images for.

If it's to view on screen only, you don't need a high res film scanner, you can get one for about £45 these days.

If it's to produce large prints, use the negs you have and have it done in the "old fashioned" way, you can't get better quality than that.

Back