• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6 Point Technique

kerrang

LAC
Hi I was justwondering about the 6 point technique to fault finding. Could anyone please enlighten me as to what are the six points. I use normally half-split / roll the chicken bones normally, but this has popped up in one of my course design objectives.

Any help would be appreciated.

K!

D

DE Scumbag

Hi I was justwondering about the 6 point technique to fault finding. Could anyone please enlighten me as to what are the six points. I use normally half-split / roll the chicken bones normally, but this has popped up in one of my course design objectives.

K!

Perhaps it's the six stock checks you have to do to find the bit supply have got?

Inevertouchedit

Flight Sergeant

K!

Sounds a bit "keen" to me. I always used to favour the "Blanket" change school of thought, ie, 6 LRUs in the system, change the lot & let the Bay wallahs sort out the mess. Good news for them also as at least 5 will be NFF !!!

Easy life ...............!!!!!!!!!!!

T

The Masked Geek

It's a new technique to cater for the lower standards of intellect that we seem to be recruiting.

They get six tries to find the point that you or I would identify with one shot of the split half technique. :PDT_Xtremez_15:

Or is it to cover for the blame culture where you can finger up to 6 other people that could be to blame for the fault in the first place....

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Must be a new Cosford thing , ive never heard of it , Halton is where they trained the best and it was never taught there :PDT_Xtremez_15:

6 point thing , **** me , what ever happend to fault diagnosis , it always worked why change a good system :PDT_Xtremez_31:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Or of you wait for long enough scratching your head, there's always some smart @rse who "used to get this all the time on 617". Folklore certainly has it's place in fault finding.

The Bowmeister

Darkside Jedi Master
you could always try the other old favourites of: "No Fault Found" (which most Fairey desk's used to have a stamp made up to save writing) or
"Unable to reproduce on the ground".
If these both fail sacrifice a chicken and use its blood to paint a "Pentangle" around the affected Jet and then summon "Oberon" the King of the Fairies, who will tell you to change whatever you have in stock!!!:PDT_Xtremez_35:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
If these both fail sacrifice a chicken and use its blood to paint a "Pentangle" around the affected Jet and then summon "Oberon" the King of the Fairies, who will tell you to change whatever you have in stock!!!:PDT_Xtremez_35:

No he won't ! He's a civvy now :PDT_Xtremez_31: He'll tell you where the A.P. and/or drawings are and tell you to do it yourself :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
Hmmm, fairy 6-point fault-finding checklist:
1. Have a brew.
2. Chat about last nights TV schedule including muttering something about CSAS/Stabs/atmospherics/hotspots whilst scratching arse.
3. Stock check an obscure NSN from duff-gen book, scratch head when it comes up NIR.
4. Step outside and look at the aircraft half a mile away on the line.
5. Have a few hands of bridge..... and another brew.
6. Lim it til the other shift come on.

:PDT_Xtremez_14:

D

DrunkenMonki

Fault finding is easy. Ask the experienced bloke first. If he fails try the random LRU generator. If that fails try to NFF it. If it persists give it a 'technical tap' with a chock. If that fails fill out a ADF and bribe the boss. If that fails its obviously the ten degree microswitch - call a rigger.

genghis

Liney 'till I die
Subscriber
The best method of Fairy fault finding is the age-old method of throwing some chicken bones (blessed by Oberon himself) on to the floor/flat surface. The way they land (only a Fairy can read them) will determine which LRU is at fault... And who's turn it is to get the brews in ::D:

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
The best method of Fairy fault finding is the age-old method of throwing some chicken bones (blessed by Oberon himself) on to the floor/flat surface. The way they land (only a Fairy can read them) will determine which LRU is at fault... And who's turn it is to get the brews in ::D:

No; not chicken bones.
Got to be the footbones of an AWK

Webbo

Sergeant

K!

When did you ever do any fault finding....................................only if Shrewbury Town web site was down. As Comedy and I would say "JUST PEN IT"

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
1. Put in the biggest fuse you can lay your hands on.
2. Switch on equipment
3. Observe carefully
4. Replace part which catches fire
5. Replace part where sparks are coming from/going to
6. Have a cup of tea and get back to Telegraph crossword

Back