• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Few Questions

• Thread starter Thread starter misterash
  • Start date Start date
M

misterash

So, I'm just filling out my application form, and I am just wondering if any of you could help with a few things.

Firstly Tattoos.

I have a few tattoos, most which are out of site. I am just wondering over two tattoos, the two on my lower arms.

Underneath are the two tattoos, in question, could you let me know is the position of them ok?

Picture0011.jpg

Picture0012.jpg

Not sure what the cut off point is on the arm.

Secondly I have started filling out the application, and not sure what I'm meant to be applying on at the first stage. I am applying to be RAF Regiment Gunner

Gives me four options/

Airman - RAF
Airman - RAF Reserves
Officer / Non - Commisioned Aircrew - RAF
Officer / Non - Commisioned Aircrew - RAF Reserves

I would have thought it was Officer / Non Commisioned Aircrew - RAF. But am unsure.

And Finally when it comes to career options I have opted for my first choice of RAF Regiment Officer, Im presuming this is the career path that can be obtained through Regiment Gunner? Just Want to know!

So if anyone can help out with all three things, or just one, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Ash

M

Merlin55

Heya,

From the RAF careers website:

'In addition, RAF Personnel are not permitted to have any tattoos that are above the neck collar, on the hands, wrists or on the ankles so that they are visible in Service uniform.'

That doesn't sound good. Perhaps going into your local AFCO would give you a definate answer.

If your applying to be a gunner you wanna select RAF- Airman. If your applying for gunner then that's what goes on your application, not the officer role you aspire to be eventually. Getting to your nearest AFCO would be the best thing for these questions.

M55

R

Reformed Scribbly

Your tattoos are fine from what I can see, as long as there is nothing that could be deemed as offensive - images or text.

As for career choice, if you are going for a commission and feel you are up to the responsibility required, choose Regt Officer. Which is the Officer / Non - Commisioned Aircrew - RAF.

If not, choose RAF Regt Gunner which is the non-commissioned trade - Airman. The role is still extremely demanding in training and on operations, with the potential for you to be commissioned later.

Have you spoken to your AFCO to clarify this? They should have made this clear.

Back