• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Tech Av CT slots!

Chad Norman

Corporal
Hi guys, cap in hand again, forever grateful of course :PDT_Xtremez_19:

I've been released from the last AV Sgt - CT board, feeling very fortunate (especially with whats going on at the moment) but I'm trying to set myself up with something a bit different!

Done the Sqn thing a couple of times, bay work, TMEC, ASF, Rotary/Fast jet/Large aircraft..... Really fancy a change to something different - Software/project work/posting abroad (fat chance) but still dreaming anyway.

I've sort of exhausted the normal channels, ACOS are probably doing their best but I get the feeling that I need to do a bit of investigation on my own to find out whats available. The positions register is a waste of time (out of date and only designed as giving a 'flavour' of whats available, great.)

I'm planning on phoning every section and his dog to see what might becoming available in the near future (next 4 months ish).

Big favour (repayable with a few pints on a visit!)

Any AV guys out there know of any slots coming up? Anything considered :PDT_Xtremez_14:

PM might be the best way to go.

Cheers all.

Chad

Fat2at

Corporal
E3D-SST (Sentry Software Team) or AWC, both at Waddo could be worth a try. PM me for more details. Congrats, by the way.

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hmm, you would think the desk should be able to perform this function.

Have you considered phase 1 or IMLC instructor?

Chad Norman

Corporal
Thanks guys,

metimmee, I know what you mean mate, they should be able to! Areas of choice seem to be the only interest to manning really.

The volunteers 'advert' for Boscombe is the classic ongoing requirement for volunteers but the reality is quite different.

Instructor duties is probably towards the bottom of my 'something different' wishlist but would not dismiss it completely, no one can afford to be fussy these days :PDT_Xtremez_26:

Fat2,

Thanks for the info. I completely dismissed the idea of Waddo because I was informed (more than once) that nobody would be promoted into Lincolnshire! Everyones favourite location again?

Strongly stated to me that Lincolnshire as a location choice would be a complete waste of time.

PM sent anyway mate, always interested !

Cheers guys,

Anyone with any more ideas, my round in return :PDT_Xtremez_19:

Cheers

Chad

Kickstart

LAC
Congrats mate. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Don't know if the Typhoon software guys are still looking but they are based at Conningsby.

Usually an ad in the manning vacancies list with contact details.

Mind if I enquire how far up the board you were? :PDT_Xtremez_42:

Trying to work out if it will happen for me this year as well :PDT_Xtremez_40:

Industry

Industry

Have you tried looking if any jobs are going in the industry side of things. There seems to be loads of RAF guys at Warton these days on Typhoon, Nimrod and others.

Try contacting the Typhoon Field team at Warton.

I left the RAF in 2006 so don't have any direct contacts but Warton is a good place to look and it's not to bad to find a job after you have your 2 years in rank.

:PDT_Xtremez_30:

ChocMonster

Back