• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Tech M Cpl to Sgt Board 2016

Turbine

LAC
Jungle drums seem to indicate a delay in releasing numbers due to problems with ratifying the board.

Any information out there in the wider world?

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Checked with Manning today and it's not been released. But that's normal for the Friday ones. Easier and more sensible to fire it Mon morning. I think it was the mechanic to Cpl due to be released on the night before Xmas grant and that waited til after.

Turbine

LAC
Manning website now updated with details.

They want 81 (Predicted) with 191 A Grades.

Presidents report makes for some good reading...

It does indeed

It does indeed

Presidents report makes for some good reading...[/QUOTE]

Proper old school stuff.

I laughed out loud when it was suggested that an objective along these lines was probably not what the PSB were looking for:

'Successfully growing my own vegetables (in Cyprus)'

Brilliant!

Dan_Brown

Sergeant

Brilliant!

Scary that people are still writing twonk like this and the CoC allowed this through - very reminiscent of the 6442:

"SAC ****** has day dreamed his blissful way through another year of disembodied euphoria. Unruffled, easy going, un-resentful, unhurried, he drifts his quiet way through days and nights of shifts leaving barely a ripple".

"His laziness and low standards of work have alienated the majority of his work mates to such an extent that being on shift with him is seen as a punishment".

"He is the most evenly balanced Steward on the Station, he has a chip on both shoulders".

"His contribution to the Sqn is minimal, on his good days he makes up the numbers. He has been sick for some time and we are investigating the possibility of having him posted 'non-effective', which is also an accurate description of him when he is here".

"In my opinion the best contribution he can make to the Royal Air Force is to leave".

SAC ****** is still immature and, at times, a scruffy airman, however, it is hoped that his recent marriage will offer him some sense of responsibility and someone to do the ironing.

"Cpl ******'s attitude appears to be one of setting himself a daily minimum workload target, then regularly failing to achieve it".

"I only met Cpl ****** once before his accident and it is difficult to assess someone in hospital, particularly when he is in an oxygen tent".

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts

Presidents report makes for some good reading...[/QUOTE]

Proper old school stuff.

I laughed out loud when it was suggested that an objective along these lines was probably not what the PSB were looking for:

Brilliant!

In 2010, a JNCO Rigger at Cottesmore had amongst his objectives "To potty train my son"

Sniffer

Super Moderator
Wow. Ive just read this president's report. Makes for interesting reading. 😁

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
How about a few snippets for those of outside, but still in need of a good laugh?

Sniffer

Super Moderator
Will add a couple of paraphrases on here when Im next in work.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Turbine

LAC

Objectives seem to be something they have narrowed in on (and an area where some serious barrel bottom scraping has taken place):

Giving blood for the first time
Successfully growing my own vegetables (in Cyprus)
Getting an airfield driving permit
Pass my fitness test – only of value if returning from a major injury and still questionable. Board do not consider med limitations when looking at suitability for promotion. This is done, if an offer is likely to be made by the desk, by Med Casework.
Attend my Families Day to interact with peers and subordinates

to quote the board president "these do not add value"

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I heard from a very reliable source that Manning were putting the last release together and should get to about number 82...........unlike last year, most Boards will be very close to the quota this time round.

Turbine

LAC
Best info we have here is they are at about 61 on the list now.

As for how far they are going to go it seems to vary on who you ask and what day of the week you ask them-have heard everything from every A grade on the list is getting picked up to they are going to 81 and no more.

I appreciate manning need to play their cards close to their chest, but they dont do anything to stop the rumour mill-perhaps a weekly/monthly release of where they have reached on the various boards might stop some of the many many phonecalls they recieve.

Turbine

LAC
Anyone heard of anymore movement on this board? Things seem to stall a couple of months ago and there is little real information out there. The next board sits in just over a month so is that it for this year?