• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advice for Kandahar

Status
Not open for further replies.
After some help and advice. Later on this year Im going on my first deploy to Kandahar. I will be doing 71days, can anybody tell me what allowances I will be entitled to. Pay, POL, R&R etc.

Also any general advice regarding KAF.:S

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
And 71 days may come as a disappointment when it comes to the next round of DWR allocations.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
He's not that young, check out his profile!

Age does not equate to IQ though!

Sniffer

Super Moderator
OK, not a shiney so may not be 100% accurate but it will be more helpfull than the comments so far.

Detachment Warning Roll (DWR).

Basically a list and where you are on the list determines how soon you will be deployed.

You may have heard people mention asking the Chf Clk where they are on the DWR list.

The 71 day comment made above refers to the minimum number of days you need to serve out of area to get your name off the top of the list and I think but am not 100% sure that it is 81 days.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
OK, not a shiney so may not be 100% accurate but it will be more helpfull than the comments so far.

Detachment Warning Roll (DWR).

Basically a list and where you are on the list determines how soon you will be deployed.

You may have heard people mention asking the Chf Clk where they are on the DWR list.

The 71 day comment made above refers to the minimum number of days you need to serve out of area to get your name off the top of the list and I think but am not 100% sure that it is 81 days.

The last DWR I did before I left I was told by the Admin staff that it was 81 days to get you off of the DWR list, and you had to do a tour length of 91 days to qualify for R&R....its probably all changed now...

I

ICATQ

Thought it was Det Warning Roster?

Anyhoo. The minimum number of days can vary greatly - it is usually 81 days, although it can be managed at 61 for those who were on Telic and short toured.

It is down to the relevant HQ to determine.

Thanks for the help guys

Thanks for the help guys

I don’t think age nor IQ has anything to do with knowing what all the acronyms used mean. I have been in the Air Force for little over a year and only been in my first posting for 6 months. But at least I’m trying to find things out. I know there are guys a lot younger than me who are afraid of asking what things mean because of fear of been called stupid and going about things the wrong way. And that is when things go wrong. Sorry for the rant, but reading some comments really annoyed me.

Thanks for the help guys, I have now got my dates confirmed so just about to do IRT and HAT. Any extra advice would be great. I really don’t want to let my friends down out there.

Last edited:

orgASMic

LAC
If the comments annoy you, dont ask questions on here that can be answered at work. Sadly you won't be last, which is why people get a bit tired of it. Don't ever be afraid of asking questions, but try and ask the right person. Asking on here is asking for trouble (or banter, at the very least).

Everything you need to know is available from the shiny arses in HR (I hate using 'HR' instead of 'PSF') and on the A1 ops website.

Ask anyone in your flight who has been away recently to get the extras (ie what extra kit to take to make life easier) and use your chain of command, that is what it is there for.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I guess the guy has already been OOA since the last post on this thread was last year.

Thread closed.

MP

Status
Not open for further replies.