• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Advice/help with joining the raf reg

• Thread starter Thread starter jammyk87
  • Start date Start date
J

jammyk87

Hi there, wondering if anyone can help me out at all. Im currently in training for the royal marines, Ive got to week 26 of training so im fully trained in terms of everything taught its just the build up to the commando tests. Iv had a change of heart, although I love the marines I think I would prefer the RAF reg more, i was in air cadets for quite a few years and was generally madly obsessed with the RAF! Im really interested in joining the RAF reg or seeing I could transfer over at all? or what route I would have to take to join the RAF reg? Iv passed all of my weapons handling tests for: SA80, LSW, UGL, LMG, GPMG, ILAW, HE and smoke grenades etc, Ive passed all the CBRN/NBC tests and both test exercises (Baptist run week 14 and Violent entry week 22/23). I have spoken to the recruitment team on facebook and called RAF careers and both said I would have to go through my chain of command. If there are any current or ex raf reg guys who could give me any help or advice on how I can get this started it would be much appreciated. Im not entirely sure of the reaction or help I will receive at the moment so anything that could help point me in the right direction would be great.
Thanks for your time, James.

R

Reformed Scribbly

James,

Good luck. Fraid I'm going to say the same thing, should you wish to transfer, then you will have to go through your chain of command. I can't say how they will react as I do not know, but you will need to do it soon as I cannot say how long RAF Regiment will be open for, and the transfer process through HMS Nelson to ACOS Manning can take a while, even with an onside chain of command. But if its what you want it will be worth it.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
They will doubtless ask you the question you know is coming...'Why do you want to cease train after all that hard work and will you have another change of heart a number of weeks after we take you on and start spending money on your training?'

You need to have a cast iron answer to these questions worked out in your head and most importantly in your heart before you talk seriously to the RAF recruiters...Everyone is taken on risk for training but we reduce it by careful selection of what we consider the strongest candidates...With a track record of dropping out of courses we may think twice before taking you...

Back