• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Air base visit

• Thread starter Thread starter supporttheforces
  • Start date Start date
S

supporttheforces

Hi,

My son has been encouraged to visit an airbase by the local AFCO as he's looking to join the RAF regiment. Some pointers would be appreciated because the system appears to be less of a well-oiled machine than I'd hoped. The AFCO told him to contact a base direct, he did and was bounced back with the message that he should arrange it through his AFCO. Left hand and right hand appear to be strangers and all that. I'd be grateful if anyone is able to short-circuit this silly game of ping pong. The AFCO seems to be operating a mental go slow.

Meanwhile, this is my first posting, so it may well end up in a dog's backside in Cairo rather than being read by someone. If you can help please shout up.

Best wishes and sincere thanks to all who've served the RAF.

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
Contact either the Community Relations Officer at your nearest camp or more preferably, contact the OIC RAF Regt Sqn at the nearest station which houses Regt, explain about your son and arrange a visit that way.
If you're near Honington in Suffolk let me know, a mate is a Sgt training young rocks there and he might be able to help.

M

Military_Muscle

I spoke directly the community relations officer at Cottesmore. I would recommend going there if you're not too far away from there.

I got tagged on with a college group, they showed us round various areas/trades. This included a presentation and Q&A on the regiment

The contact details are on the webiste...

Good Luck.

Back