• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Air Crew and Hearing

105Arrow

LAC
Hi

Can anyone tell me if, in the absence of any known hearing issues, having had grommets as an infant automatically means an air crew career is out?

TIA.

Stingray

Sergeant
Probably. However, it all depends on what you are able to score on the hearing test. If you feel you have detrimental hearing then don't expect much. If you think you are fine then why not see your local GP and ask for a test????

105Arrow

LAC
Probably. However, it all depends on what you are able to score on the hearing test. If you feel you have detrimental hearing then don't expect much. If you think you are fine then why not see your local GP and ask for a test????

(my hearing is H3 so have already been rejected for RAuxAF - ah well)

It's a friend's son who had the grommets - as I understand it, he doesn't have any issues with his hearing.

Will suggest he ring his local AFCO and speak to them about it (or better still, go in and see them) rather than sit there thinking it might be a problem.

Thanks.