• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aircraft Techies to be phased out

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts
Techies are to be phased out of RAF

Wing Commander Givemeambe has put forward a staff paper to the Chief of Air Staff. The paper proposed that, as a cost cutting measure, all aircraft technicians be phased out. They will be replaced by all other trades having to carry out the tasks normally associated with the aircraft technical trades. this will be in addition to their normal duties. It is envisaged that each trademan should not spend more than two weeks in any one year carrying out aircraft technician duties followed by a period of two week standby aircraft technician.

Training will be as follows:

Everybody will be issued with a copy of all Air Publications for all aircraft types; this will form the Common Core Aircraft Engineering Skill (CCAES).

An annual, multiple choice exam will be carried out covering all aircraft types, It will have sections on Health & Safety, rectification of faults, flight line operations and aircraft technical documentation. The instructor will walk out of the class room leaving the scoring matrix on the podium.

Remedial training will mandatory for anyone not getting 80% in each aspect of the exam. Remedial training will consist of an instructor pacing up and down the classroom while reading out aloud passages from the APs.

A physical test will also be required, this will consist of having to repeatable carry out flight servicing on two different aircraft types that will be set further and further apart as the test proceeds. The level expected to be reached will be adjusted for gender and age.

The Armed Forces Minister is believed to have expressed an interest in this plan.

Last edited:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
You know you shouldn't give them ideas....even if said in jest.......Then again some zob will think it's a great idea.

Crack on....................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Be careful what you wish for:PDT_Xtremez_42: . Many a daft idea has become grim reality in the hands of our glorious leaders.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Bitburger, how long was the timer set on that thought grenade? A few minutes after handing in your 1250? Some corporate clot will see this as his next sooper bonus!:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR EXPERIENCE!!!!!!! I am TG4 and not an AC techie who usually spend s@it loads of hours on the roasting, sunny pans for hours in the Middle East prepping AC (I witnessed it in 2003 and by God do they work).

I hope this is just an early April 1st prank that some Officer is playing at. No it can't be. Looks like someone is after his Group Captain.

Normal RAF to ZOB, come in ZOB....this is Planet Earth!!!!

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Great idea, I'm all for it. All you aircraft techs have been bigging yourself up for too long. How difficult can it be to check the oil and tyres FFS?

P

pie sandwich

The RAF should do it.

It sounds like a great plan, not that I give a fcuk because I am a civvy now:PDT_Xtremez_30:

T

tattyted

if we wern't running too thin on the ground what with dets and all, lets just go ahead and do another silly manpower review! it's bad enough them tryign to make the four trades into 2 let alone do away with them altogether! As always, jack of all trades, master of none!

A

Albert Park

Great idea, I'm all for it. All you aircraft techs have been bigging yourself up for too long. How difficult can it be to check the oil and tyres FFS?
bobberwht.gif

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Quality bait MC, but a chuckle whilst slurping an ice cold Stella is all you're getting!:PDT_Xtremez_28:

Back