• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aircrew aptitude/selection test help...

wench02

SAC
Eek... got the date for this through yesterday - three weeks time.

I had a go at the tests in the free booklet, needless to say my score was pretty shocking.

I have bought some GCSE maths and electronics revision guides, can anyone else recommend any more books with tests in to keep me going - I am rubbish at the putting shapes together bit. (I always have been c**p at this sort of thing in any test I have done!)

I have applied for SNCO Air Traffic Control, so I am guessing I will need good scores.

How much do I need to pass - I really want to get in, doing something!

benji

LAC
. Search for how2become join the royal air force the insiders guide. It was a really great help whilst i studied for my ast's

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
To be honest, there's very little you can actually do to prep for AST as it's a test of aptitude and not education. You either have the ability or you don't. You can prep for the mathematical side by doing what you are doing now. You can download brain trainer tests to your iPod as they will keep the grey matter ticking over. Also, the AFCO (if they haven't done so already) will give you a brochure on AST-style questions for you to practice and to give you an insight into what the test will involve. However, as I stated, you will either have the ability to do the tests or you won't. Simple as.

Good luck.

A

amfortas

I speak as one who did a short tour as a Board Officer at OASC when it was a Biggin Hill. When I left the service I also did a Masters under Harry Dale at Hull Uni who was busy designing the 'new' computer-based selection tests for various Military branches.

Aptitudes it may be but some prep can be made in 'understanding'.

Read up your Theory of Moments. Learn what 'force' and 'force-feedback' is all about. And 'Vectors'. Be VERY knowledgable about the ATC game.