• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Annoying Vista feature. What now?

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
On my old PC we (me, MrsM and MasterM) used just one desktop. It was on XP. Our internet is BT and we used to have an icon for each of us on the desktop. Double click it, enter your password and you were away onto your personalised home page.
Now on a new computer running Vista it appears that BT dont do this anymore.
We have to open up a generic log onto BT page, type in our user name and password and then we get our own personalised page. Trouble is, the history and faves are the same, whereas before it was all your own individual history, faves etc on that log in.
Is there a way to get what we had before without resorting to individual desktops? It seems this is a compatibility issue with BT and Vista.

Dragoon

Sergeant
Vista, whilst a pretty good idea, is obviously plauged with problems and issues at the moment.

Whereas I cant suggest a definate fix to get back to what you wanted, I'd say maybe having a seperate account for each person, or one for you and the good lady, and a seperate one for Master Masher.

You'll all be able to personalise you're own little areas, have all you're own favourite lists, histories etc.

(Just make sure that the BT internet is installed to all accounts, rather than just the administrator account.)

Or alternatively, try looking on the Vista forums (www.thevistaforums.com) which will no doubt hold the answer to you're question...

Back