• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another Bone question

Its me again! The computer illiterate.

I took some videos of my grand-daughter over the weekend on my Nokia N95. I need to get them onto a DVD to give to her great gran but I am too thick to work out what the hurl to do. I have dropped them off the phone into 'my documents' but it says that I don't have the correct files to open them. Something about 3g?

Would one of you clever people out there point me in the right direction please?

Also I have got Nero and it gives me the option to make a data dvd but not a movie dvd. It will let me make a Video CD, will that play on a recently purchased Toshiba DVD player?

Thanks in advance for reading (and hopefully replying to) and in return if I can be of any assistance with any LED railway signal questions please feel free to trade knowledge!!!!!

Jimps

(thick as a whale omelette and grateful as hell)

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Its me again! The computer illiterate.

I took some videos of my grand-daughter over the weekend on my Nokia N95. I need to get them onto a DVD to give to her great gran but I am too thick to work out what the hurl to do. I have dropped them off the phone into 'my documents' but it says that I don't have the correct files to open them. Something about 3g?

Would one of you clever people out there point me in the right direction please?

Also I have got Nero and it gives me the option to make a data dvd but not a movie dvd. It will let me make a Video CD, will that play on a recently purchased Toshiba DVD player?

Thanks in advance for reading (and hopefully replying to) and in return if I can be of any assistance with any LED railway signal questions please feel free to trade knowledge!!!!!

Jimps

(thick as a whale omelette and grateful as hell)

Your N95 knocks the videos out in MP4 format Jimps. I have seen a converter which will take any format and change it to MPG which can then be burnt (allegedly) using Nero.
I think it was the Cucusoft video converter.
Your DVD player should play video CD, Mine is a fairly new one too and both VCD and SVCD are listed as compatible formats. Good luck. :PDT_Xtremez_14:

P

pie sandwich

I dunno but would divx converter sort them out and then burn them to dvd using the divex burner, true you need a dvd player that will play divex files ot use a computer to view them,

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
The Nokia will have recorded the video to 3gp format.

I have an N73 and have converted this to a dvd format (usually to AVI first then to DVD).

The quality is rubbish though, if she has any form of computer it may just be quicker and easier to show her the video using the Nokia media player.

If you're determined to stick them on DVD, expect to pay for the converter to do the job, there are almost none that are free.

Just type in 3gp converter into google and away you go.

TBH unless its a vid of your child's first steps or something equally worthwhile you might find the whole experience first frustrating and then dissappointing.

Good luck.

Here's a linky for a converter I used http://www.topvideopro.com/video-ripper/3gp-converter.htm

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Take it down the photo place at the chemists. Most have bluetooth so you can tooth your pics and vids and get photos or DVD from the machine.
If the machine doesnt do that you can take out your memory card and use that in the machine.
You'll have to pay though, but if you spend hours trying to do it on your PC it may be worth it!

Now that Mr M is a capital idea!

I will have to find a bluetooth one as mine is the 8Gb phone and doesn't have a seperate card. I did try and Bluetooth it to Mrs Ps Sony phone, but it only got the sound and not the pictures so fingers crossed.

Just a quick thought from somebody in the office which I would like to run past you fine people:

The phone came with a lead which allows me to play the vids on the phone on a full size telly. I seem to remember that they are the same connections that will go into the AV in sockets on my DVD Recorder. Save me dismantlig the loft to find the leads only to end up swearing in frustration again, anyone know if this will work?

Thanks again folks

Jimps

I

it's-me-isn't-it

Now that Mr M is a capital idea!

I will have to find a bluetooth one as mine is the 8Gb phone and doesn't have a seperate card. I did try and Bluetooth it to Mrs Ps Sony phone, but it only got the sound and not the pictures so fingers crossed.

Just a quick thought from somebody in the office which I would like to run past you fine people:

The phone came with a lead which allows me to play the vids on the phone on a full size telly. I seem to remember that they are the same connections that will go into the AV in sockets on my DVD Recorder. Save me dismantlig the loft to find the leads only to end up swearing in frustration again, anyone know if this will work?

Thanks again folks

Jimps

Jimps i have this same phone, and the leads work great, straight into the tv. they should work straight into the dvd player as well.

Back