• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another Word issue

Entropy

Sergeant
I to have a probelm with Word that I cannot get to the bottom of. I run XP 64bit with Word 2000. I have had XP and word running sucessfully for some time.

Now for some reason if you double click a word doc it just opens the main word screen with no doc loaded and its frozen up. The only way to close Word is via Task Manager. I have uninstall Word and reinstalled it but that hasn't fixed it. Any ideas?

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
What happens if you start word from the start menu and then load the same document?

Entropy

Sergeant
Word works without a problem if you open Word the select 'open file' and open the file. Its just the double click to open thats the problem and its just Word none of the other office apps.

Back