• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anti-Malware product

icarus

LAC
We’ve been operating 3 devices with Norton’s 360 security package happily for over 3 years with no problems as far as we are aware and have recently had a short trial of something called Anti-Malware (Malwarebytes). We have an opportunity to purchase it over this weekend, although may I ask if this would provide us with additional security measures over and above that provided by our Norton set up? Is this something we should be considering in addition to Norton?

Many thanks in advance for any guidance,

Martina

Malesu

Corporal
Subscriber
Every has their favourite anti-virus software and scare stories, myself included. But the best bet is if you're happy with what you're currently using and have never had any problems or attacks, why change?

Obi Wan

Sergeant
I use malwarebytes all the time (free version) it does OK for me i found that Norton Slowed my system down so I also use Avast (also free version) Hope that helps

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
I use malwarebytes all the time (free version) it does OK for me i found that Norton Slowed my system down so I also use Avast (also free version) Hope that helps
Ditto except I use Avira for anti-virus protection.
I've used Malwarebytes for about 5 years now plus I also have SuperAntiSpyware too and for a while I also had SpyBot alongside those two. Whilst it's not advised to have numerous Anti-virus programs on your system ('cos they argue with each other!) it's fine to have a barrage of anti-malware programs.

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
If you've settled on your Av, try Zemana Anti-Logger, OpenDNS ( DNS+filtering).

Last edited:

Craig855s

Sergeant
I use microsoft securtiy essentials as my AV, but one sometimes bad things slip through the net that MSE and others miss completely so malwarebytes gets installed to seek and destroy the nasties, Its VERY good at that, not sure it's a comprehensive AV so i run MSE and that at the same time

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
My wife has a windows tablet and she uses the Kaspersky Lab internet protection. Free with Barclays on-line banking. I'm fairly certain that most banks do free copies of a half decent AV to their customers who use internet banking, if only to protect their web-sites when you're on them...

G

Gord

I use microsoft securtiy essentials as my AV, but one sometimes bad things slip through the net that MSE and others miss completely so malwarebytes gets installed to seek and destroy the nasties, Its VERY good at that, not sure it's a comprehensive AV so i run MSE and that at the same time

Malwarebytes claims NOT to be an AV and suggest that you install a proper AV.

Malwarebytes will usually be able to eliminate any nasties that manage to evade an AV by embedding themselves in programs generally accepted as being pukka stuff by AV's.

Back