• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anti virus help

• Thread starter Thread starter elvis
  • Start date Start date
E

elvis

Currently I have Norton anti virus but it is due to expire in 17 days, do any of you whizz kids have any free downloads for anti virus?

E

elvis

Already have matey! a while back if you check out the introductions forum but thanks for the quick reply

P

pie sandwich

Hello mate, You could try AVG free edition or avast as virus and zone alarm for fire wall.

R

Rich_P

Another for AVG here, and for the past two years that I have used it I have found it to be most excellent in doing what it says it is supposed to do. Zonelabs' Zone Alarm is also very good. :PDT_Xtremez_28:

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Yeah just dont get Norton Internet security !!! I bought it last week after been virused (wiped out all my .exe files even on windows) , installed on my pc and kept screwing up IE7 , after 5 reinstalls of Windows i refuse to put it on my machine now

The Free AVG by Grisoft was ok but it could not help my virus :/

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Another for AVG here, and for the past two years that I have used it I have found it to be most excellent in doing what it says it is supposed to do. Zonelabs' Zone Alarm is also very good. :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Ditto, I use both of these with Spybot Search and Destroy 1.5
I (Touch wood) have never had a problem.

lisab

Girlie Brosette Mod - I owe you nothing...oooh ah!
Thanks for all the replys guys I'm thanking you on behalf of Elvis (I do know him!) but please be aware that he is a bit of a computer biff so try not to get too technical!

F

FairyGoodGuy

I personally use McAfee and have done for 6-7 years now. You can pick up a fully working genuine OEM Internet Security 2007 copy from eBay for about £2.50 with one years subscription.
Some of the "FREE" virus scanners / firewalls don't do all they can and expect you to purchase the "FULL" version for additional cost. Before someone jumps down my throat I'm not knocking the FREE ones just pointing out the fact that there is a very cheap option to think about too from a VERY reputable company.

Back