• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any Avs at RAF Valley?

OkevsterO

LAC
Just wondering if there are any Av posts at RAF Valley. We'd like to move slightly closer to Chester so i thought this would be the best bet. Asked someone at PSF today and they said there are no A Tech Avs at Valley? Bit gutted to be honest.

Is this gen? I know there are Sqn at Valley but i'm guessing they're all civilians run/maintained.

Thanks

Odie

Sergeant
Unless you get a job with Babcocks you've got no hope. It's all civvy maintenance on the jets and cabs at Valley.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Cosford has AV's (lots) and is only an hour or so from Chester.

Craig855s

Sergeant
Cosford has AV's (lots) and is only an hour or so from Chester.

How many is lots and what is the section called? Ive heard that all the instructional frames are maintained by regular techies but wondered how many there are...and obviously there are a few blue suit instructors at Fulton block/HTF/LTF etc

Isnt cosford moving to lynham in a couple of years?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
1 How many is lots and what is the section called? 2 Ive heard that all the instructional frames are maintained by regular techies but wondered how many there are...3 and obviously there are a few blue suit instructors at Fulton block/HTF/LTF etc

4 Isnt cosford moving to lynham in a couple of years?

1 My guess would be around 20ish I reckon with both instructional and backroom tasks. The Squadron is Avionics and Mechanical Training Squadron, does all the FT courses for both lights and heavies the fairy bit is, I think, called AvTF (Avionics Training Flight).
2 All the training frames are maintained by civvy contractors these days not blue suits so no RAF Fairies working there.
3 Not certain of numbers in Fulton block for fairies but there will some working down the line and within the 238Sqn empire.
4 Yes/No, possibly, could be, certainly, maybe, ish, perhaps, absolutely, definatley. Delete as required

Craig855s

Sergeant
1 My guess would be around 20ish I reckon with both instructional and backroom tasks. The Squadron is Avionics and Mechanical Training Squadron, does all the FT courses for both lights and heavies the fairy bit is, I think, called AvTF (Avionics Training Flight).
2 All the training frames are maintained by civvy contractors these days not blue suits so no RAF Fairies working there.
3 Not certain of numbers in Fulton block for fairies but there will some working down the line and within the 238Sqn empire.
4 Yes/No, possibly, could be, certainly, maybe, ish, perhaps, absolutely, definatley. Delete as required

So, are there posts at cosford for SAC(T)s? AV

A

and relax

If you go on the RAF manning portal it tells you how many slots there are on every station in terms of ranks and trades.

Back