• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any recruitment bods?

My nearest AFCO being 50miles away, and being unable to get off work to go to it,I have been trying to get my question answered via the email service on the raf careers website.However they have chinned me off with a mass reply, that doesn't actually answer the question.

So basically if anyone on here is involved with recruitment, could they please PM me as I have a couple of questions.

Many thanks.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
They are on here...what are your questions?

Basically Im an Aux gunner on mobilisation until next year.After which Im looking to join the regs as NCA. Im aware the trade is closed at the moment, but as Im not available to begin the process until Feb 2011, is it worth me putting forward my interest now, possibly up to my filter interview.Or waiting until I return?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
A fair question

A fair question

Basically Im an Aux gunner on mobilisation until next year.After which Im looking to join the regs as NCA. Im aware the trade is closed at the moment, but as Im not available to begin the process until Feb 2011, is it worth me putting forward my interest now, possibly up to my filter interview.Or waiting until I return?

Hope your mobilisation is going well. As long as NCA stays closed you will not be able to have a filter interview, only when it's open will you be able to get to even this stage (the process has changed recently).

This does not mean you should be prepping yourself, do all the leg work now and you should be ready when NCA opens to the masses.

You need to contact an AFCO, I know it's going to be hard if you're not in the country but you need to get registered onto the Careers Information Line so that when NCA opens you'll get pulled into the processing cycle.

rumour is that it may open earlier than expected but the way recruiting is at the moment the opposite may be true.

Good luck on ops and with your app.

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Contact the 0845 number as quoted in the RAF Careers website. Your interest will be registered and when the branch opens, a link to the application process will be emailed to you. AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE THE LINK, OPEN IT, COMPLETE AND RETURN. Places will fill up pretty quickly and as soon as there enough applications, they will close it again. If you take your time, you will dip out. Simple as. Your local AFCO will then contact you and begin things. But you need to contact the 0845 number first.

Thanks for the advice, Ive registered myself through the 0845 number.Would it still be a good idea to get a day off and make myself know to the AFCO?

R

Reformed Scribbly

It won't make much odds necessarily to the AFCO, however they would be able to issue you with the relevant literature and dvd.

Once you receive the email for the online app, complete it and if you've been quick and accurate enough then you'll be invited to presentation, plenty of scope there to make a good impression.

You'll make an even better impression if you arrive for your filter interview fully prepared with a good knowledge of what your training will be, how long, where and why you are learning those skills, as well as a good knowledge of where our bases are, in the UK and overseas, what our aircraft are, what roles they have, where they are based, future aircraft, our role within NATO and what we are upto on ops.

Something I tell my candidates at every pres, advice that only 30% take up.
What do I know, I'm only the interviewer...:PDT_Xtremez_14:

Anyway, Rant over.

Do everything you can to get a good awareness of the role you are interested in by arranging stn visits, take on any opportunities for responsibility to demonstrate you can be a worthy SNCO.

Good luck with the det.

Thanks for the replies and good wishes everyone. Im getting my head into NCA role as much as I can now, and going to get some visits arranged during PODL.

Heres hoping the det gives me a decent ground perspective before going up-diddly-up-up.

Back