• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone currently in the application process to join the RAF Regiment?

MattH876

LAC
Hi there,

I'm looking for people who are currently in the process of joining the RAF to become gunners! or who have just completed PGAC or the basic training.

I have my medical on the 31st (next Wednesday)

Feel free to contact me.

MattH876

LAC
me mate, I am just waiting for my filter interview then a date for my proc, how was it?

It was easy to be honest, I've had a fair few interviews lately (not sure if good or bad haha)

The questions they will ask are on the history of the RAF, so learn your Regimental history, Locations of squadrons, Why they are there, also learn over seas bases. I didn't learn them but I have knowledge but, Yea, It threw a twist in it.

I'm not sure what it is going to be like to become and Officer as i'm not going in for that, But good luck, The more knowledge you have of the RAF, why they are there, what do they do and how they do it then all bases should be covered.

LilStill

Sergeant
Wait out, there's been a couple hanging around and KingGuin's son is somewhere in the basic training process at the minute, so there's knowledge out there somewhere and I'm sure someone will be along with it.

In the meantime, welcome to the Goat. If you've got any (i.e. non-Regiment) generic questions, feel free and I'll help you out ;)

MattH876

LAC
Thanks Lilstill, I'll do some more research on the forums and the internet.

Im just abit confused about the PGAC/PGSC. There seems to be alot of versions on the internet and no sign of which one i'll be going to do haha

But yea, thankyou anyway. I'll be sure to wing a question your way if I can think of any.

Liggy

LAC
Hello, I completed my PGSC at the start of the month and likely to start TG in January.

Give me a shout if you need a hand on the application process.

Serv92

LAC
Officer or A/C?..

Officer or A/C?..

Hi,

I'd just like to ask a general opinion questioned at whether or not it's best to Join as an Officer in the Regiment, which would mean me having to get a Maths GCSE first, or going in as normal and getting the GCSE while I'm in the RAF.
Also would I be able to take the GCE while I'm in training?