• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Apple MacBook, MA700B/A

• Thread starter Thread starter mad_mo
  • Start date Start date
P

pie sandwich

I dunno much about Mac's looks good though, I take it you prefer macs to windows based computers.

This is the laptop I bought a couple of weeks ago. Its a bit cheaper but depends on what you want.

sculthorpe

Corporal
Im very tempted to buy this MacBook.

Can the PC Geeks out there give me the positives & Negatives about this product.

Below is a John Lewis link to the laptop:

http://www.johnlewis.com/Computing/Computers/Computers/Laptops/398/230407880/Product.aspx

Not a real computer geek, but I have two macs. and a dell pc. ,which rarely gets used. I like the simplicity of the mac system, basicly point and shoot.The main reason I run the mac is ,you don't need to worry about viruses etc., so no need for a firewall and anti spy ware. Hope this helps.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
MM, there are some good deals to be had from the Apple website.

Have a look in the 'refurb' section of the online shop.

sadscopie

SAC
Im very tempted to buy this MacBook.

Can the PC Geeks out there give me the positives & Negatives about this product.

Below is a John Lewis link to the laptop:

http://www.johnlewis.com/Computing/Computers/Computers/Laptops/398/230407880/Product.aspx

I'm strictly a PC+Microsoft man so I am biased towards them, however one of my bosses has a mac and the screens and design are really smart. You would ger a similarly specced PC laptop for third-quarter of the price but as I say, I'm biased.

If you do decide to buy it, register with QUIDCO and you will get 5% cash-back making the total £835.

Hope this helps.

M

mad_mo

Thanks all for the tips and advice.

I decided to call Apple themselves today for a brief run down of the said MA7OOB.

The sales advisor was as enthusiastic as a lamb in a slaughter house!.

I think I'll stick with windows and a nice Sony Viao I saw today.

Parky

Corporal
I am leaning towards getting a Mac when shortly, The main advice i have been given is to get it from a reputable retailer and insist on a 3 year free warranty as when they go wrong they are so specific they can be expensive to repair.

I was in the Mac shop up in Brent Cross shopping centre london. and they are very enthusiastic in there, when you have a mac you can book lessons with them every day an hour a day for the first year you own it.

Back