• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Applications for a commission in the supply branch

• Thread starter Thread starter Padre471
  • Start date Start date
P

Padre471

Hi,

I have just applied for a commission in the supply branch, I have the innitial presentation at the end of April and was wondering if anyone can give me any information for my interview as the amount of information given by the AFCO/ RAF careers website is hardly substantial and I get the impression the AFCO will be looking for a little more than being able to parrot an A4 page of information. Any help from people who have already been through the selection for Supply Officer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Julian

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Initiative. It's the communication age. Find an air force station and call them up and arrange a visit - if you want it enough.

P

Padre471

Hi,

Thanks for the advice unfortunatly living in Lancashire the nearest stn's some distance away or in one case only a reserve stn.

Julian

R

RuthES

I travelled over 100 miles to my station visit and I hadn't travelled the furthest, if you really want it you do. They really do like to see that you've gone that much further to find out about the RAF and prove how much you want it. They were very impressed in my interview that I'd done this and arranged it myself.
If it really is too far to travel then phone the media liaison officer of any staion and ask them if you can be put in touch with someone in supply or write to them. Also if the worst comes to the worst and you can't get hold of anyone then probably memorising the A4 sheet will be fine. I'm not the only one that's found that it's only the info on that that they'll ask you in the interview and anything more than that you can say is just a bonus!

Best of luck

Back