• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Applying for Weapons tech

W

wee_blondie

Greetings from bonny Scotland!

I've applied for Wtech and am perhaps a bit over-excited about it:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Been thinking about the RAF for a long time (I'm 27) but circumstances have held me back in the past. My situation has changed for the better and I'm now committed to going for it. Apart from my standard grades and highers, I've no formal qualies but have done a huge range of jobs in the past (everything from hotel, laboratory, oil rigs and kitchens). Always been technical minded and love tinkering with the motorbike in my spare time. Not really a girly girl and have lived abroad, worked on the rigs and loved that kind of lifestyle. Love keeping fit so the RAF can combine a career - travel - keeping fit, then its for me.

Got a couple of q's and if anyone has a contribution i'd love to hear it.

- Although I have highers in physics and chemistry, I'm a bit rusty (left school in 2000) any good resources you know of that I can brush up on?

- Passed the aptitude test and had the presentation. Formal interview tomorrow and feeling a bit nervous; any tips?

- Spent last winter in Austria working a ski season in the Alps. In the process of arranging a background check by the Austrian police. I've never been in any trouble so it will come back clean but will this hold up my application?

All contributions gratefully recieved!