• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are you a geek?

Are you a geek?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No Way!

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Get Out!

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • What's a geek?

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

sadscopie

SAC
:PDT_Xtremez_42: I am, look at this little gadget I built, If you fancy making one give me a shout! :PDT_Xtremez_42:

egoatlcd.jpg

F

Fablon biff chit

OK OK I admit it, I'm a geek.

But not the same standard as you!

Details? Cost?

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
That is just as sad as the two Scopies I know who play Air Traffic Control sims on their PC's when not in work.

:PDT_Xtremez_34:

Just because your UCMP console has a plasma screen tote on it in your Bunker (or converted building at the other place), doesn't mean you have to have one at home.

:PDT_Xtremez_23:

sadscopie

SAC
That is just as sad as the two Scopies I know who play Air Traffic Control sims on their PC's when not in work.

:PDT_Xtremez_34:

Just because your UCMP console has a plasma screen tote on it in your Bunker (or converted building at the other place), doesn't mean you have to have one at home.

:PDT_Xtremez_23:

LOL, ATC sims? Now that is sad! Luckily I've never touched a UCMP console and as such have no idea of the layout of these ops rooms - lucky me!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
:PDT_Xtremez_42: I am, look at this little gadget I built, If you fancy making one give me a shout! :PDT_Xtremez_42:

I gotta ask the obvious question ....WHY ? What purpose does it serve ? If you wanna know what site your on look at the screen !!

I always thought i was semi-geek......I'm gonna reclass myself now as normal.........well more normal than you at least :PDT_Xtremez_03:

Crack on.........:PDT_Xtremez_09:

sadscopie

SAC
I gotta ask the obvious question ....WHY ? What purpose does it serve ?

The egoat text was just what I typed in.

What it does do, or rather THIS software does is allows you to configure the display to show various different screens (up to 20) of information such as system details, how much memory is being used, cpu load, how much you have down/up loaded, notifies of new email etc as well as RSS feeds from your favourite sites, for instance I can be goating and my little black box will show me the latest headlines and weather from the BBC without me having to do anything.

Granted it is a geeky thing but It is quite useful.

Last edited:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
, for instance I can be goating and my little black box will show me the latest headlines and weather from the BBC without me having to do anything.

Granted it is a geeky thing but It is quite useful.

I can do that as well.....while on the PC...look at TV news channel...simple...no "black box" req'd.

I'll admit in years gone by i would have said i gotta have one and then it would have sat on the desk unused.....must be getting too old....must be true still working out how to use my "new" (6 month old) mobile !!

Crack on............:PDT_Xtremez_09:

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

I created a website on how to do this years ago with an OOPIC. The site is long gone but there is still a thumbnail of it on the manufacturers site here. The display is showing a PWM setting.

Embrace your geekiness, the chicks love it :PDT_Xtremez_31:

Last edited:
Back