• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arm Surgery

• Thread starter Thread starter berrs003
  • Start date Start date
B

berrs003

Hi all,

I have been interested in a career in the RAF since a very early age and consider myself to have a very high level of fitness.

However, recently (Feb!) i fell off my push bike and fractured my arm. At the time i was informed i had just bruised my arm and everything would heal just fine.
That was that and i got on with it believing it all to be true. However, in the past few months i have had several tests and confirmed i did indeed have an un-united fracture. To deal with this i will be having surgery to fit a plate around my elbow.

Does anybody have any idea how this will affect my chances of a career in the RAF and whether said plate will need removing before joining?

I am currently on the waiting list for WSOp.

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
First of all, WSOp is shut for recruiting and will be for the next 12 months or so. WRT your injury, that is something only a qualified Medical Officer/doctor can decide. With a 12 month wait, it will certainly give your injury a bit of extra time to heal further. However, as I said, a doctor will make a decision at OASC whether or not it will be an issue. My advice to you is to go and speak to your local AFCO now, take copies of any medical notes you can get relating to the injury and see if they can speak to the medical boarding staff at Cranwell as to whether or not they can accept you with such injuries.

Good luck.

Back