• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AST In 3 weeks time . Question on chat afterwards please

• Thread starter Thread starter dorsetjohn
  • Start date Start date
D

dorsetjohn

hello everyone
I have had my date for my apptiutude test ( AST ) , its 3 weeks away october 14th
The careers office said that my first choice of trade, driver was closed but my second choice of gunner was open. Anyway they said to come along and take the test , then afterwards we can discuss my options

I am reading the Psychometric armed forces test book that I got from amazon and the "how to join RAF" CD Rom to give me theheads up

what i would like to know is after i take the exam and we have a chat to discuss my options , will they quiz me on the role of the RAF , aircrafts we have , where personel are posted , all about my life , hobbies etc. like you would have at the formal interview . I would prefer to study for the exam and do the studying for the history and role of the RAF at a later date if they dont ask these questions on the AST exam day

some people say they arent even calling you in for an AST if the trade is closed . so im a little confused but happy

I know to wear a suit , tie and smart shoes . Any other tips guys

your advice would be very welcome
Thanks

Last edited:

Brackens

SAC
No the chat after your AST is just to tell you that you have passed (or failed!!) and give you a few bits of paper regarding what trades are open and what scores you need for other trades. if you pass and your trade is open then they will start looking at booking your interview after that and thats when you needs to revise for

D

dorsetjohn

No the chat after your AST is just to tell you that you have passed (or failed!!) and give you a few bits of paper regarding what trades are open and what scores you need for other trades. if you pass and your trade is open then they will start looking at booking your interview after that and thats when you needs to revise for

Thanks , very helpfull

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Have you spent any time reading through THIS thread yet?

Loads of useful information. Make sure you look at all the links as well, otherwise you will miss out. It should cover most of your questions including what happens at the interviews.

D

DanGeary

I recently sat my AST and that’s what happened with me. I didn’t get the score I needed for the trade I was interested in but after leaving the AFCO I realised my scores were good enough for a few other trades. Just a few questions.

Do I need to go back into express an interest in one of these new trades?
Is it possible to do that or do I have to wait 6 months and redo the AST?

A

AprilW

I recently sat my AST and that’s what happened with me. I didn’t get the score I needed for the trade I was interested in but after leaving the AFCO I realised my scores were good enough for a few other trades. Just a few questions.

Do I need to go back into express an interest in one of these new trades?
Is it possible to do that or do I have to wait 6 months and redo the AST?

I passed mine yesterday and I actually asked your first question then. It might be a bit different as I got a high enough score for the trade I had listed down, but I got told that, No, you don't need to go back. As I'm sort of torn between three trades they told me to just keep phoning up and asking about all three of them. As long as your score is high enough for all the trades you want to do you'll be fine.

Back