• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AST Tests

• Thread starter Thread starter DanGeary
  • Start date Start date
D

DanGeary

Hi guys
First time posting. I have recently sat my Aptitude test and unfortunately I didn’t get a higher enough score for the trade I was interested in(Raf Police) The gentleman in the AFCO office suggested I redo my aptitude test in 6 months time. Since leaving the AFCO I noticed my score was high enough for some of the other trades. I am open to having a look at the other trades on offer. I was just wondering where I stand with this?
Thanks for your help guys.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Give it a go

Give it a go

To be honest the majority of trades will be closed for the next few months, if your scores are not that distant I would wait until the retake to jump ship to another trade.

If you are way off then you might want to jump earlier.

S

stottyr

Hi guys
First time posting. I have recently sat my Aptitude test and unfortunately I didn’t get a higher enough score for the trade I was interested in(Raf Police) The gentleman in the AFCO office suggested I redo my aptitude test in 6 months time. Since leaving the AFCO I noticed my score was high enough for some of the other trades. I am open to having a look at the other trades on offer. I was just wondering where I stand with this?
Thanks for your help guys.

Hi, sorry to hear about your results. I have my AST soon and would like to get into the trade of Police, do you know what score you need to get into that trade?

Thanks in advance

Entropy

Sergeant
The AST test is basically a psychometric (sp) test. Theres lots of examples on line. As the trade is closed it is a perfect opportunity, if you really want RAFP then get revising, pass the AST and get the job you want!

S

stottyr

Obviously I am going try my hardest, I'm just trying to prepare the best I can.
Is pen and paper available to use to work out sums or is it all to be done in your head?

Asbach

LAC
Obviously I am going try my hardest, I'm just trying to prepare the best I can.
Is pen and paper available to use to work out sums or is it all to be done in your head?

Have a look at my reply to this question where you posted it last time.

Back