• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATM Promo Cpl - Sgt

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
The board has just finished on Tuesday , anyone any idea how long one must wait for the figures ot be released ?

Cpl - Sgt Promo

Cpl - Sgt Promo

According to Manning there are 127 Cpl to Sgt promotions planned for this year, good luck with your postings to the Rotary Wing World!!!

:PDT_Xtremez_34:

Last edited:
31 first 6 Month prediction. Keep Cpl's in acting rank unpaid money saved. Though I fear for those that missed out this year with the SDR looming it's time to start looking at that CV.:PDT_Xtremez_09:

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Yeah thats me got 3 years left was banking on it but I fear the worst.

Well edit to this post , I was actually picked up but the later end of the scale but im still in with a shout :)

Last edited:
S

See you next Tuesday

127???

127???

Hi
I’ve just found out I’ve been picked up on this year’s board in top 50% so I gave the heavies drafter a phone who told me that I will probably find out where I am going (Marham, Odiham or Benson)in the second 6 months as things might change a lot due to the SDR and that some people may be disappointed after September as they may have been a bit “ambitious” looking at 127......
Get ready for another kick in the slats.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Hi
I’ve just found out I’ve been picked up on this year’s board in top 50% so I gave the heavies drafter a phone who told me that I will probably find out where I am going (Marham, Odiham or Benson)in the second 6 months as things might change a lot due to the SDR and that some people may be disappointed after September as they may have been a bit “ambitious” looking at 127......
Get ready for another kick in the slats.

It appears that way from all of the murmurings coming out of ACOS. Some people are going to be disappointed, the key is not to thing about quotas anymore and focus on numbers released to the PSL, if it happens it happens. they have also started to release numbers more in smaller batches, I guess this avoid a 'pants down' scenario.

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Yeah I been told not to expect much as I made the latter end of the scale. Like I said before im easy pickings to time expire as I got a few years left but I hope I will at least leave with my third for the pension at least. The SDR is what I was told is the big thing , but the simple fact is if nothing moves up then people below cant move up. Its a pretty grim picture in the RAF right now with groundcrew promotion and we are loosing so much good lads at the 9 /12 year point who have experience but leaving due to lack of promotion.

Never mind at the end of the day you are a number and that is it . Expertise does not count no more im afraid, there loss

Back