• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Attac

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
I was going though a Job Web Site and saw this acronym against a Job at Marham.

What is ATTAC?

Chaka

Sergeant
I was going though a Job Web Site and saw this acronym against a Job at Marham.

What is ATTAC?

BAE Systems has been awarded the contract by the MoD to provide availability support to the whole Tornado platform for the Royal Air Force.

The working arrangements under ATTAC (Availability Transformation: Tornado Aircraft Contract) will see BAE systems partnering the MoD’s Defence Logistics Organisation (DLO) and the RAF, reflecting the principles set out in the UK’s Defence Industrial Strategy.

Under the ATTAC service, BAE Systems will manage a large element of depth support at RAF Marham in a partnered arrangement with the DLO and the RAF. This activity will be combined with a structured approach to upgrade work (CDSS – Capability Development and Sustainment Service) to maintain the aircraft’s warfighting effectiveness throughout its service life.

Unofficially on the shop floor ATTAC is known as TADGER- Tornado Availability, Depth Engineering and Repair:PDT_Xtremez_28:

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
Sounds a bit like the IOS (Integrated Operational Support) scheme being foisted on the Westlands supported helicopters. If so then it'll become a farce.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
I preferred MM's answer to Chaka's (Sorry Chaka!)
But, as I'm no good at crosswords, I'll leave off any attempt to better chaka's TADGER
Ermmm...

Back