• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Attn all old skool slammers!

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
Please can you settle an argument at our work between Stackers & Slammers?

What does the acronym PETROL stand for in relation to DI'ing a vehicle?

I remember it being taught at DTS at St Athan when I was on my HGV 3 course.

Thanks in advance.

HotspurIDO

I'm not fecking BRANCH!
I was always told ...

Petrol
Oil
Water
Electrics (lights etc)
Rubber (tyres)

P.O.W.E.R.

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
Yeah, you were right. It was POWER. I thought it was PETROL for some reason. Must have been all those MD 20/20s I drunk in The Shackleton to make the local birds look more appealing! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

My dad taught me POWER when I was about 10 or 11 (yes that was more than a year ago) when he gave me the responsibility of checking his car for him on Sunday mornings before washing it for him. That was one of my household chores I would do for my pocket money. I still use the neumonic when checking over my own cars each week.

My Dad did 22 years and retired as Chief Tech 20 years ago. Apparently the morning checks on the Sqn vehicles were once known as POWER checks.