• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AVI Files

• Thread starter Thread starter maninthevan
  • Start date Start date
M

maninthevan

Gents,

I am after a 'freeware' program that will enable me to convert my DVD's into AVI files. I have just set up a media center on my pc so that I can watch the 'odd one or two' films that I have downloaded. I would like to put my more legitamate DVDs onto my HDD.

Can anyone recommend a program that will enable me rip the films into AVI files..? Please bear in mind though, it needs to numpty proof as I am bit of a biff when it comes to pc's.

Cheers all.

:PDT_Xtremez_28:

M

monobrow

Well there are plenty of programs out there, but I'd recommend one that can make DivX AVI files. they are a hell of a lot smaller then normal AVI's for similar quality.

Also with more and more DivX players (portable and DVD) it means you can watch them wherever.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Watch out for spam

Watch out for spam

I use DVD Fab, one off fee for a lifetime of updates, make sure you down load it from the right place, otherwise you'll get spammed to hell.

Copies copyrighted DVDs but takes an age on my old Pentium 4 2.4.

I use H264 so if I ever get around to buying Apple TV now or in the future, i'll be able to watch em.

Cheers

Back