• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Avionics vs IT

• Thread starter Thread starter Rikjs
  • Start date Start date
R

Rikjs

Hello,

I'm thinking of joining as either Avionics or IT Tech. I've read all the stuff about both on the website and decided I'd fish for opinions here. From the guys that know. :PDT_Xtremez_19:

Drill Bit

Sergeant
Hello,

I'm thinking of joining as either Avionics or IT Tech. I've read all the stuff about both on the website and decided I'd fish for opinions here. From the guys that know. :PDT_Xtremez_19:
There is the opportunity to be employed within software teams as an Avionics tech; you'll not get the opportunity to work on a/c as an IT Tech.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Jets or desks? No brainer to me.
Obviously the choice is yours but you could have all the kudos of being a godlike techie or you could be one of those geeky kids from C4i.

I'm a little biased sorry. The other thing to look at, is what you're good at. Don't forget there may be a chance later on to combine the two if you go Avionics as there are software slots. I don't know if you can go the other way with some of the geeky kids moving into the software teams s it's an area of the Av trade that doesn't appeal. Perhaps one of the geeky kids can answer that bit.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
There is the opportunity to be employed within software teams as an Avionics tech; you'll not get the opportunity to work on a/c as an IT Tech.

Nice to see you have your finger on the pulse. What about all the ICT Tech posts on Typhoon GSS?

There is also the opportunity to work with UAVs as an ICT tech.

Back