• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bedpacks

DEADHEAD

LAC
Apparently recruits at RTS no longer have to make bed packs. Not really news worthy however this maybe the most savage use of social media to attempt improve recruiting. Thoughts?

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Sheets, blankets and pillows are issued to recruits on arrival and they are required to construct a bed pack every morning from Day 02 of training. This teaches recruits valuable time management skills and makes them aware of attention to detail.

That's from the Recruit website. I'll give you attention to detail but F. all else. We used to put our bedpacks in a locker and sleep in our maggots at Catterick. With about 4/5 hours kip a night, the ballache of a bedpack was a non starter. Full check for coins or other plants before we put them back on the beloved static tastic counterpane though :)

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Apparently recruits at RTS no longer have to make bed packs. Not really news worthy however this maybe the most savage use of social media to attempt improve recruiting. Thoughts?

What was your source? If they are still being made then when in the 7(?) weeks do they stop being a feature.

Like Coheed provisions were in place on the AAITC so that your bed pack once constructed never got taken apart...I think it's part of the training ethos to problem solve and manage your admin as best you can?

DEADHEAD

LAC
RAF Halton Facebook page, it wasn't the Bed packs going that was an issue for me. It was the fact they used social media to project that as news, when it really isn't!

Last edited:

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I agree DH, poor use of social media here. I seriously doubt potential recruits were being put off by the use of bed packs so what was the point of transmitting this change in RTS?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back