• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best ISP for slow broadband

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
About to move in a week or so but just found out that new place has really slow broadband (max 3 mb). Just wondering if anyone else is in a slow area and has a god ISP.......I currently use talk talk but can't say I'm that impressed with them so ideal chance to change.

Or are there any other options for after Internet ?

Sent from my iPad 2 ....yes I doooo

Odie

Sergeant
We're in a dog slow area, 1Mb on a really good day if the string is particularly damp. That's no matter what the provider is as round here, being a small village, they all use the BT lines which are copper and a long way from the exchange with no prospect of BT fitting fibre optics in the foreseeable future. So our village is getting together to look at having Gigaclear install a fibre optic network.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Gigaclear looks good although no good for us......we currently get about 8mb average and only moving about 1 mile or so outside Lossie.

timaloy

Corporal
Check out superfast-openreach.co.UK to see if we are coming to your area were doing loads of wee villages, if its mega slow go for sattelite (its pricey) most providers use the openreach networks you'll get roughly the.same on them

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Gigaclear looks good although no good for us......we currently get about 8mb average and only moving about 1 mile or so outside Lossie.

If you have a decent wireless receiver you can share my 112.6 Mb from Doncaster :PDT_Xtremez_15:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Cheers Barch :-) timaloy no current plans for our area which is not really surprising.

Checked out a few satellite broadband options this morning and think I'll be getting tooway broadband....18mbps and 26 gig data usage....pricey but not extortionate and well worth it to keep the family happy.

Cheers guys.....

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Tashy

If you do go the satellite route let us all know what it is like and how it works etc.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Just done the postcode check again...comes up with :

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial check on your postcode indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 512Kbps. However, due to the length of your line, an engineer visit may be required, who will, where possible, supply the broadband service.

Our check also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 1.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 1Mbps and 2.5Mbps.

That's just not gonna cut it in our household.....satellite route it will be.....will let you know how it goes.

Back