• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Broadband and Phone Package

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Hi just looking for a few thoughts, currently on Tiscali and completely pi553d off with the service, they have throttled it and now stop it in the evenings.

Any way I want broadband and all day phone package therefore considering BT.

Any alternatives out there?

W

Wonky Tonka

Are you in a Virgin Media area?

20Mb broadband and anytime calls. Not sure of exact price as I get the TV package in there too, but no hassles with service and average d/l speed is 13Mb

he_who_dares_rodney

Flight Sergeant
I've got unlimited broadband from BT plus pone and TV box
The box isn't as good as Sky for Live tv but the on demand download bit is good
I think the Broadband package is better than sky's though

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
I have just launched both Sky and BT, which all added up was 100 quid-ish a month for Virgin Media which is half that for faster BB, free phone calls and although less TV channels, they are the ones I watch anyway.

If you can get Virgin Media Cable, do it.

lilgurn

LAC
Always a fan of virgin media, I have 20MB Broadband (Actually about 12MB) But its still fast as hell. Again I have the full setup so don't know individual prices. Go with the fiber optic powers of Virgin if you have the option...

G

grumpyoldb

I've used virgin media for broadband for a while, and always had a good service.
Just turfed BT out for the landline due to the call charges.
Now got Virgin phone in on the fibre optics. £14 per month including all calls to UK landlines. Moby's are extra.
That's £42 per quarter. How much is your phone bill?

A word of advice. I was with BT phone/BB in UK. I was posted overseas and terminated my line. BT charged me a one off payment of £160+ for early termination. Still contesting that at the moment. Unless you are confident of staying in that area and/or not moving overseas, I wouldn't **** in BT's mouth if they were starving.

i was with sky for phone and broadband. I highly recommend them. I still have my phone with them

swapped my bb for o2 coz it was £10 a month cheaper (7.50 a month)

i now have o2 for broadband and sky for telephone (£10 line rental + £5 inclusive calls day or night)

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Thanks for the replies

Thanks for the replies

Unfortunately not in a Virgin or LLU area so these options are not available to me.

Requested my MAC code last night, so will probably go for BT, not planning on moving soon (own home, last tour, screened post and all that). Also BT give you free 0845 or 0870 numbers which will mean I pay no more than I do now.

They offer free Wifi minutes with the plan anybody use this service?

I know I could get cheaper BB elsewhere but having used the sold on price tiscali service, that is really frustrating no watchable iplayer or you tube in the evenings, I don't mind paying a little bit more if it's worth it.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
I have the lot with Sky. TV, internet and phone. I have stoneage 1 mb BB and occasionally drop the connection but it always restarts. I have unlimited downloads (Sky anytime package) which is useful with 3 computers using it. Weekly updates must run to a few hundred meg alone. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Back