• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Broken Laptop

• Thread starter Thread starter pixie
  • Start date Start date
P

pixie

Helllllllllllllllllllllllllp!! I've managed to drop my lap top and now it doesnt seem to be booting up. When I switch it on, it goes to the black screen with white writing (recover screen). It goes into recover mode, then just stays on the Microsoft Corporation screen with the scrolling bar continuously going. Nothing else happens. It has Windows Vista and is a Toshiba Satellite Pro............any help would be great. Cheers

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
Don't panic yet. The fact that it is able to boot into recovery mode means that the important things are still working. CPU, RAM Motherboard and Hard Drive.
Were you working on the system when you dropped it?

J

Justacabbie

Use a working pc with same OS as yours to download and make a BartPe recovery disc...Google it!

Run the recovery disc from boot and then select option to run chkdsk

That should work or if you can get to cmd on your broken laptop try chkdsk from that....I would try this first

Hope this helps

Back