• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BT Home Hub SOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Panther

Corporal
Could anyone help me with this problem as the indian call center is a tad useless.

I have a BT home hub on my computer, I have just brought a new one and need to move the main account to the new from the old.

Any help would be great, cheers.:PDT_Xtremez_30:

K

Kernow

Could anyone help me with this problem as the indian call center is a tad useless.

I have a BT home hub on my computer, I have just brought a new one and need to move the main account to the new from the old.

Do you mean install the new home hub?

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
I bought one recently and was told I needed an e-mail address, I said I already had one and told the bint at BT but she said i couldn't use that I had to have a new one, so I got a new one only to find my old address and account were still active, and all my profile and contacts were set up to my liking. So I spoke to the Indian guy at the helpdesk, who was not much use. In the end I uninstalled the thing and reinstalled it using all my old details e-mail address & password and bingo, no problems. Hope this helps.

MingMong

Warrant Officer

I'm slightly confused as to what you are saying, have you got a new home hub that you want to connect to your computer or a new computer that you want to connect to your home hub?

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
I thought he meant he had a new hub!

Hey ho, if it is a home hub then it is not paired with a line, therefore a simple uninstall and re-install with old settings will do the job.

If it is a business hub then it is paired to a line and BT have to sort it

The Panther

Corporal
All sorted lads, cheers for your help though.

In a nutshell, I thought that the main user account was fixed to the computer the hub was set up on. In getting a new lap top I thought I would have to reinstall etc.

But....

You do not need to do this, as long as you have loaded the bt disc onto the new computer you are able to access the main and sub accounts by just sighning in.

Sorry if this seems obvious, I'm not use to all this new technology. If theres no oil or moving parts I get confused.

Thanks again:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back