• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BT Hub phone thingy

• Thread starter Thread starter mad_mo
  • Start date Start date
M

mad_mo

Ive noticed today that the phone icon on my hub is now lit. What's this all about?

BT sent me an email about BT Broadband Talk. Has anyone got this and whats it all about.

Cheers...

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
I've just noticed that mine is lit too. According to the missus it has been for months. I think she's trying to mess with my mind, because I swear it wasn't lit before.:PDT_Xtremez_31:

MingMong

Warrant Officer
If your phone is plugged into the homehub, it might be diverting all your calls you make through broadband rather than throught the normal BT phone lines.

If this is the case you will notice an increase in he pitch of your dialling code. If you are not sure if this is happening, pick up your phone, and when you have the dialling tone press '5' if the tone changes to a lower pitch then you are now back on the normal BT line.

If you don't want to use the broadband phone calls, I would suggest that you plug your phone directly into the filter at your phone socket to prevent the homehub routing all your calls through broadband.

Hope this helps

MM

M

mad_mo

If your phone is plugged into the homehub, it might be diverting all your calls you make through broadband rather than throught the normal BT phone lines.

If this is the case you will notice an increase in he pitch of your dialling code. If you are not sure if this is happening, pick up your phone, and when you have the dialling tone press '5' if the tone changes to a lower pitch then you are now back on the normal BT line.

If you don't want to use the broadband phone calls, I would suggest that you plug your phone directly into the filter at your phone socket to prevent the homehub routing all your calls through broadband.

Hope this helps

MM

MM,

My phone cable is plugged directly into the wall with the adsl filter box. I dont have any phone line going into the hub.

MingMong

Warrant Officer
Don't worry about the phone light then, AFAIK it is just telling you that you're connected to broadband with the ability to use their phone service, but if you aren't plugged into the box then your calls will all be routed as normal.

M

mad_mo

Our home number is ex-directory, However on discovering this phone light, the broadband number you are provided with is not!. So if you typed our street address & name into BT.com we are listed.

Ive just called BT and told them in no uncertain terms to remove it asap!.

Back