• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BT Net Support

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
Evening the clever IT people of the goat,

Just finally got broadband up and running at the new abode and the package comes with BT Net Support. Had a wee glance and it tells me that it will do all the gucci stuff and even remove the anti virus stuff already on the PC.

Question is - I have been using AVG for the last couple of years after being recommended to it on this here forum. So is it worth using BT's stuff or stick with what I've got.

Cheers in advance :PDT_Xtremez_30:

M

monobrow

Word of warning, I've removed the BT software from a few peoples computers because it messed up their wireless connection... That is only those that elected to have BT software manage their wireless not windows...

IIRC BT dish out a version of McAfee which I have had no probs with when I used it. Just make sure if you have a firewall and it installs one that you make your mind up as to which one to keep. Filtering the net out twice usually ends in connection problems al over the shop.

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
Whilst I have been using AVG myself for years, I back it up with the rather excellent Malwarebytes.
I have encountered, very recently, lots of new Trojans and malware that have wrecked a few friends and colleagues systems and they have asked me to help sort them out.
Malwarebytes has picked up and removed things that were missed by AVG, Avast, SpybotSD, and AdAware.

The free version doesn't run in the background, but as a weekly back up scanner is fast and very effective.

I also echo Mono's statement about BT's wireless manager. It is garbage and has been the cause of numerous connection issues I have been asked to look at.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
BT offer Mcafee for free as part of their terms whereas previously they used Norton which isn't as good.
As Mono says, I don't install any of their other crudware, just the security package. Go for it I'd say, its free.

Back