• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Burning Data Cd!

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
Please can somebody point me in the right direction? I'm trying to burn a couple of presentations onto CD using Sonic Record Now on Windows XP. I keep getting the error message "please insert an blank or RW CD into the TSSTcorp DVDRW 9 (F:) Drive" There is a blank RW CD in the drive FFS!!

I've tried uninstalling the Drives and re-booting which has worked in the past on occaisions but it's beginging to drive me up the fecking wall!!

Can anyone offer some advice - please reply in shiney speak as I am a complete computer BIFF!!!!

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
As you are in XP, have you tried selecting all the files you want to burn and then right click select 'Send to' and then 'CD RW/DVD RW' (whichever you have showing in the menu) and with a CD R/RW disc in the drive you should get an icon and little box come up telling you that there are files that are ready to burn click on the box and follow the instructions.

HTH and it works for you.

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
I never use CD RW just CD-R and usually use Nero, are the presentations on your hard drive or are you trying to write a new presentation directly to the disc?

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
I've tried a variety of CD's MC and they all don't work. Coincidentally I uninstalled the drives again, went away for a whileand when I came back it started to burn OK! It does seem that I have to uninstall the drives every time I want to burn a CD!

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Nero problem (??) / XP

Nero problem (??) / XP

My CDRW unit has started acting strange, and verification takes ages before I abandon the thing. It plays fine, but it does not seem to want to write. I've cleaned trhe head with a proprietary disk, but no change.
The software is Nero 'Home essentails' which came with my new DVD RW unit. This does not like writingf CDs at all (at, least, nort according to Nero).

Does XP automatically format an RW disk? I'm beginning to wonderif I even need Nero!

Or, is there an alternative (prefferrably free) ?

XB

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
You could try something like this:

http://www.burnworld.com/burnoncddvd/

It is free but has adverts, never used anything but Nero or now the built in one in XP and Vista so do not know if this or others would work.

I just typed- Free DVD burning software - into Google and there are loads, but watch out some claim they are free, you download them and it turns out that they are limited or of no use unless you buy the software.

M

monobrow

It might have something to do with disks. My DVD writer don't like Maxell discs (gives a power calibration error) but slapped in a verbatim disc and it burns at sooper speed.

Also if it's an RW it will take longer as it can only burn quick once. Mine used to be able to burn an RW at 48x on the first go, but only 10x on subsequent burns.

Back