• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

calling all armourers !!!

renton

SAC
Im due back fro Cyprus in October and have been told by the drafters that there will be a couple of slots coming up at Kineton.

im quite interested as it close to where my family will be situated but im not sure what the Raf armourers actually do there??

can any bomb heds that have been there or know what goes on there pm with some details or even contact details for the people that are at kineton at the moment .

cheers all

:PDT_Xtremez_28:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Im due back fro Cyprus in October and have been told by the drafters that there will be a couple of slots coming up at Kineton.

im quite interested as it close to where my family will be situated but im not sure what the Raf armourers actually do there??

can any bomb heds that have been there or know what goes on there pm with some details or even contact details for the people that are at kineton at the moment .

cheers all

:PDT_Xtremez_28:

Applied not long ago, spoke to the Chief over there. It's mainly 10 year servicings on 1000lb'ers. Working for (not with) the Army, lots of parades and other rubbish. Not many RAF blokes working down there, so according to the Chief, we get pushed round a lot.

Can't remember the name of the Chief down there, but I used the RAF Armourers telephone directory to track him down.

renton

SAC
is it actually listed in the raf arm directory then ??

need to pop over the dump and have a look and see if they actually have one!!

dont fancy doing parades and all that ****e!!

the drafter said my other options are marham (no ta!!) or north of the border.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
is it actually listed in the raf arm directory then ??

need to pop over the dump and have a look and see if they actually have one!!

dont fancy doing parades and all that ****e!!

the drafter said my other options are marham (no ta!!) or north of the border.

Not suprised really mate. Marham means TAS and North means ISK or ISL!

There's a massive dump, but it's mostly Pongo-run, lot's of ammo techs around (thats the AT training school).

It's actually called DMD Kineton, should still be in the arm directory.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
probably going to sound like a right nob here but what does isk isl mean????

Sorry, ice station kilo and ice station lima (lossie/kinloss).

Oops, just blown the top-secret goat-code! :PDT_Xtremez_14:

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Also IEDD school....

One of your new JT's is coming from Kineton.

PM inbound

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Considered Brize? Believe the establishment is being increased....

You are kidding? What the fukk do you do all day as it is? Anyway isn't Brize a morale blackhole, or at least thats what your newest Cpl says...

renton

SAC
i was considering brize as my first choice as the drafter told me about 2 months ago that there were 6 new slots opening up there.

i phoned him friday and he said forget brize as the slots are temporary??

not sure what going to do now .

i do fancy first line as i haven't done it yet(been in 10 years and missed out!!) but that means marham or Scotland .

we have just bought our first house in the area where we are going to settle down and i was planning on getting either brize, lyneham or kineton and commute so as not to disrupt my kids schooling etc.

if we went north of the border then i would prefer the family to be with me which then defeats the object of buying a house!!!

i suppose we could always rent it out and live in a quarter if it come to it????

what do you think

FootTapper

Sergeant
slots are temporary? Lol

the slots have been gained on the back of the two new C17s - don't think they are temporary...

Back