• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can anyone tell if, should I get promoted...

• Thread starter Thread starter JT 4 ever
  • Start date Start date
J

JT 4 ever

would I have to sign on for more?

I am a JT, with about a year or so to go, like most of the other Jellies I have been pretty much forgotten about, not SACT bashing so no aggro on that!

I just wanted to know that IF I should get my tapes, as the board will sit in Jan, would the RAF expect me to sign on longer?

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Simple answer is no. You will be offered the chance to sign on but you don't have to take it and there should be no come back if you don't want to. Obviously Her Majesty will be informed about your lack of commitment!

TABETX AND SEND

Corporal
would I have to sign on for more?

I am a JT, with about a year or so to go, like most of the other Jellies I have been pretty much forgotten about, not SACT bashing so no aggro on that!

I just wanted to know that IF I should get my tapes, as the board will sit in Jan, would the RAF expect me to sign on longer?

If you have to ask that sort of question you do not deserve to be promoted.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
If you have to ask that sort of question you do not deserve to be promoted.

Hmmm....for all you know though he may have a few job offers in place or working on such projects. At the end of the day he is doing what comes natural and that's looking after yourself.

kinners

LAC
Well i shouldn't think it's worth promoting you for 6 months while you do resettlement.....Sarcasm aside you should get offered a 22 year engagement.
Good luck!

E

enginesuck

If your assesments are good enough and you are placed within the required amount of promotions they need to fill. You will be promoted. Dur ! I feel sorry for the remaining Jelly tots though.

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Yeah i know a few JTs that are left , to be fair a couple of them dont really deserve promotion but thats only my opinion.

If you are a Fairy there is a good chance you will get picked up , if you are a Mech Heavy then you best have top notch assesments as they are not promoting many this year. Speak to your Cheif Clerk as they are stopping continuance I believe in 2012 according to PMA.

Saying that for many you want to be the last JT in the RAF , how fregging cool would that be :)

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
From memory you will need to have 13 months left to serve or you will receive a dual offer of promotion & signing on; if you don't sign on, they won't promote you. Doesn't prevent a later PVR though.

Back