• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you join the Regiment during your RAF career?

A

A Crusty Demon

I always wanted to join the regiment, but when it came to doing the recruit tests the careers officers steered me away from the regiment instead doing a mechanical trade. Im just wandering like in the army you can be say, in the signals but still be para trained and wear the maroon beret is it the same case with the regiment ?

squipper

Corporal
If you want to join the RAF Regt, go back to the AFCO and insist on staying with your chosen trade, do not be swayed by the recruiters. I am sure there are current or ex recruiters on here who will tell you the same.

If you want RAF Regt.....stick to your guns!!!!

A

A Crusty Demon

If i can infact do regiment training whilst having a mechanical trade i would be satisfied, but if i cant then i will be sticking to my guns and pursuing the regiment.

unruly1986

Sergeant
You can't.

Erm, you can. Granted you don't become a fully fledged gunner, however you can get involved a great deal. A mate of mine is a Gen Tech with one of the sqns and he does EVERYTHING they do, phys, weapons, patrols when in Afghan etc. Alongside his primary role.

TG4 (comms) can be attached to them as well.

A

A Crusty Demon

Brilliant! That's what i wanted hear, im going for gen tech M so hopefully it would work out the same for me. Cheers.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Brilliant! That's what i wanted hear, im going for gen tech M so hopefully it would work out the same for me. Cheers.

You have absolutely no guarantee whatsoever at being attached to a Regiment Sqn. I emulate the above advice about going back to the AFCO and making your desires known otherwise you could end up in a job that you don't like, won't give a damn about and thus not give 100% to which will not be fair on your comrades.