• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cheap Anti-Virus for 3+ Computers

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
I currently have kaspersky on 3 computers which runs out soon, which cost £17-00 last year from a link off the forces discount, Do any goaters know any good deal to be had on Anti-virus?

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
I found Kaspersky Internet security for 3 computers for £22:49, 5 computers for £26.99 via http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/modoffers I am not keen on the free stuff as I had AVG on there and it was a constant pain in the t1ts asking to upgrade all the time, never tried Avast, whats it like for dragging down the system speed?

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
Only time my laptop slows down is when I first start it up & the Avast updates itself,other than that it doesn't use a lot of resources.

M

MQ-9 Reaper

www.microsoft.com/security_essentials Microsofts own free antivirus..... switched after mcaffe wasnt picking up a trojan and this thing found several all at once. it updates for free and has never let me down. Plus, what could be better for protecting microsoft windows than a free microsoft virus scanner?!

Security Essentials its free don't you know!

Security Essentials its free don't you know!

www.microsoft.com/security_essentials Microsofts own free antivirus..... switched after mcaffe wasnt picking up a trojan and this thing found several all at once. it updates for free and has never let me down. Plus, what could be better for protecting microsoft windows than a free microsoft virus scanner?!

Completely agree, run it on my net book with no dramas :) however to be fair, spend most of my time on Linux mint 11 as l dual boot with windows 7, must say tho Microsoft security essentials cause no slow down :PDT_Xtremez_30:

(if you run Linux no need for anti-virus):PDT_Xtremez_19:

Lamptramp

An ex-DF - in dog rescue!
I use Virginmedia suite free with my broadband. I have it on three machines with no problems whatsoever. The broadband is great as well (30meg standard).

ScoobTech

Sergeant
If you do internet banking check what the bank offers, Barclays gives you a 3 computer licence for Kapersky for free. You have to register every year but that is only a couple of minutes of time.

iHydro

LAC
I've got security essentials on my sons computer, no dramas here so far. If you are looking for a decent setup with free apps you could also use AVG free with ZoneAlarm firewall. It outperforms the standard windows one by far.

Back