• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

chest infection

Cooper

LAC
would you still be able to join the raf if you have had a chest infection?
sorry it sounds stupid i know but quite worrying about it

K

Krusty_Crab

would you still be able to join the raf if you have had a chest infection?
sorry it sounds stupid i know but quite worrying about it

Your application would be rejected if:
  • you suffer from asthma, or have done in the last four years;
  • you have chronic lung disease, such as emphysema, bronchiectasis or cystic fibrosis, or you have active tuberculosis.
In other words if you've had a chest infection that causes permanent damage to your lungs then you will be rejected. if it was an illness from which you are fully recovered then it won't be a problem.

I had bronchitis when I was 18 and had to be treated with Potassium Chlorate and Morphine. Didn't affect my application as it caused no permanent damage. The bronchitis was caused by an infection -(I've never smoked). Some forms of bronchitis are secondary illness contracted after lung damage caused by smoking, so a smoking-related bronchitis may be a problem???

Bottom line is don't worry because worrying won't change anything. Apply, have the medical and let the doctor earn their money and decide.

Last edited:
Back