• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Computer Crash/ I tunes library.

Need some help. Computer crashed and had to wipe hard disk before I could back up I tunes library. I have therefore lost my I tunes library. Is there anyway I can restore my I tunes library from my I pod?

Many thanks

Ex Tg3

SAC
Need some help. Computer crashed and had to wipe hard disk before I could back up I tunes library. I have therefore lost my I tunes library. Is there anyway I can restore my I tunes library from my I pod?

Many thanks

There are a few different bits of software out there to get stuff off an iPod but it takes time.

I will jump to a conclusion you are using Windows (your computer crashed) then this is what I would use: Clicky!

Save it all to a location on your newly formatted HDD then add the files to the "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder and it should sort it all out for you.

MingMong

Warrant Officer
I had a similar problem a while back, although fortunately all my music was on a hard drive that didn't get trashed, so was recoverable.

What I did do though, was connect my ipod to my computer with itunes operating, and it pulled all the stuff that I had purchased from the itunes store off the ipod and back onto my computer.
Probably not the ideal solution, but it will save you losing your purchased content.

B

Burt

I had a similar problem, computer crashed, hard drive knackered, & wanted to stick the stuff from my ipod back in i-tunes, I used the linky thing downloaded the program, but being a tight Yorkshire lad hadn't realised that you'd have to pay for it after the 1st 100 tracks! Anyway I tried removing the program & reinstalling it, but I couldn't use it for free anymore! I've just reinstalled on a different p.c & it works a treat, using the manual mode I have taken the stuff that I haven't got on cd etc. I wonder how the other lad got on.
Since the last HD crash I make backups to an external hard drive, but just out of interest, if my pc hard drive crashes again, will I be able to recover the itunes stuff too?

Back