• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Conditional Formatting in Excel

Mightierthan

Corporal
Hopefully there will be an Excel whizz out there who can help me.
I want to use Conditional Formatting for a range of cells that have to be in date format. I want to apply formatting when each date is 3 years in the past. I have tried the 'less than' and then typing varieties of "today-1095" etc, but to no avail.
Can anyone advise on the correct formula? Cheers

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I can't remember exactly but you have to do something with the date to convert to a number do the sum and then convert back. I'm racking my brains at the mo Excel treats dates as a finite figure when its manipulating them and its this feature that you use. Will get back to you.

Back