• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Connecting laptop to TV

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
I am trying to connect my 3 year old laptop to a HD LCD TV to watch DVDs, view pics etc.

I have searched the web & there are several different methods, S-Video, VGA etc.

The one I would like to use is DVI to HDMI but I believe it doesn't carry audio.

Does anyone know how to get around this without buying a separate audio cable?

Is there an all-in-one DVI to HDMI cable?

Or is it not that simple?

Any help (simple speak please) would be much appreciated

Many thanks.

P

pie sandwich

If you are using a DVI to HDMI lead you are going to need a 3.5mm Mono Plug to Plug Lead which are at most £5, you should be able to get them in tesco or asda for around a quid or two.

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
I am trying to connect my 3 year old laptop to a HD LCD TV to watch DVDs, view pics etc.

I have searched the web & there are several different methods, S-Video, VGA etc.

The one I would like to use is DVI to HDMI but I believe it doesn't carry audio.

Does anyone know how to get around this without buying a separate audio cable?

Is there an all-in-one DVI to HDMI cable?

Or is it not that simple?

Any help (simple speak please) would be much appreciated

Many thanks.

Mate just buy a bigger screened lappy and bobs your uncle.. pics on a bigger screen!! Hope this helps :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Back