• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Connecting to Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm trying to connect my dads computer to my wireless at home but keep having problems...

Basically his Vista machine is picking up the network and connecting, he has the correct security code ect, but it only says he has limited connectivity and local access only, and he can't get online...yet I'm sat here on the same network jabbibg away...

Any advice...

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Had a similar problem a few weeks ago trying to connect my lap top to wireless, turned out I hadn't paired them up!

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm trying to connect my dads computer to my wireless at home but keep having problems...

Basically his Vista machine is picking up the network and connecting, he has the correct security code ect, but it only says he has limited connectivity and local access only, and he can't get online...yet I'm sat here on the same network jabbibg away...

Any advice...

Is the Vista machine in the access list of the router?

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I have orange wireless, after I put the pass key in I had to pair the wireless box and the lap top, spoke to orange and they told me to hold the wireless button (No 1 button on my old box, marked wireless on the newer ones) that is on the box for 5 seconds, and then it worked as advertised.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I have orange wireless, after I put the pass key in I had to pair the wireless box and the lap top, spoke to orange and they told me to hold the wireless button (No 1 button on my old box, marked wireless on the newer ones) that is on the box for 5 seconds, and then it worked as advertised.

I see...mine's just a normal router..

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
When I was using someone elses wireless they had to grant me access the first time I tried to access the internet, but it remembered me after that. Don't know if it helps.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
When I was using someone elses wireless they had to grant me access the first time I tried to access the internet, but it remembered me after that. Don't know if it helps.

I don't suppose you know how they did that?

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
Sorry mate, I don't. I don't know whether he did something to the router physically, or whether he did something to his PC that controlled the router. He just told me to let him knwo the first time I was going to try to access the internet because he would have to allow me, but then it would remember. Sorry I don't know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back